1. On the Ribbon, select the File Tab
2. You are now in the Backstage View, as shown below.
By making various selections on the left, you can perform several important commands including, New, Open, Save, Save As, Print, Share, Export, and Close. You also can obtain account information as well as change default options.
Backstage View Choices
- Control the types of changes people can make to this workbook. You can also protect the workbook/worksheets by selecting the View tab on the Ribbon.
- Checks the workbook for hidden properties or personal information.
- Check for features not supported by earlier versions of Excel.
- Recover unsaved workbooks.
Browser View Options:
- Pick what users can see when this workbook is viewed on the Web.
- Contains various administrative data concerning the file and the file author.
The following are all of the choices available in the far-left margin:
Return to workbook:
To return to the workbook from the Backstage View, select the circled arrow up at the top left.
Info: (Shown above)
- Shows various templates for creating a standard workbook as well as specialized types of workbooks. The blank workbook choice will be the popular choice for many users.
- Recently opened workbooks are listed as choices
- OneDrive Cloud folders
- Computer folder locations for browsing
- Leaves the Backstage View and returns to Home tab on the Ribbon. Select Save there.
- Computer choice for possible save locations such as current folder, recently used folders, or browse the computer for other folder locations.
- OneDrive is used to access your files from anywhere and share with anyone.
- Printer setup including various settings as well as access to Page Setup.
- Invite people by saving your document to a OneDrive locate and share with others.
- Email interface includes how the document will be shared.
- Create a PDF/XPS document.
- Change the file type to various other workbook formats including but not limited to: Excel 97-2003 workbook, template, macro-enabled workbook.
- Closes current Excel fie being used and leaves Backstage View.
- Displays current Excel/Office product, options on how to receive Office updates, and Excel product support information.
- A multi-category choice of options for various parts of customizing how Excel works, including general, formulas, proofing, save, language, advanced, customize Ribbon, Quick Access Toolbar, Add-Ins, and Trust Center. A graphic of the Options dialog box is on the following page.